Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Best Laid Plans of Mice of Men Often Go Awry


Today has been a busy, eventful day with Lennox. For starters, we've had a serious rain streak in the DC area that I've been itching to take him for a walk in his baby bjorn. However, it's been nice just to take him out for a ride in the car and fresh air. Everything revolves around his breastfeeding schedule at this point. For example, this morning, we dropped my husband off at work, and luckily, I fed Lennox a good hour before we needed to leave--which holds him down for two to three hours. Then, I loaded Lennox into the car, along with multiple bags, and we went to my mother's house--keep in mind, it's only a five minute drive from our condo! I also had a dr's appointment scheduled for the afternoon (I've realized that with a baby, early morning appointments are a joke!), and felt like I'd have enough time to take a nap--boy, was I wrong! Lennox had his first blowout and was covered from his shoulders down in poo! I was so glad to be with my mother and sister when this happened!! We quickly took him upstairs to bathe and I couldn't have been more pleased that I packed so many supplies! Lucky for me, Lennox actually enjoys taking a bath, especially when I splash the water around. I think this simulates sounds he heard when he was in my womb. Before I knew it, we were all headed to the doctor for my post-partum check-up. The car always puts Lennox to sleep, so I thought he just might remain asleep throughout my appointment. Boy was I wrong again! He woke up before I was seen hungry as ever, so I took him in a backroom to breastfeed! Although I have started pumping once every other day, so i can be relieved from round-the-clock feedings, I decided, what the heck, I'm at my OBGYN's office, I can just feed him myself here--no need for a bottle! My doctor was soooo excited to see Lennox and of course, he has grown so much since delivery day! Additionally, I'm ten pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, and even though I haven't had a chance to exercise (one shouldn't do this before 6 weeks after delivery) the amount of supplies and baby carriers one must lug around is its own workout! I managed to cook a quick dinner for everyone and squeeze in a nap and write a blog posting, so, although the day seemed all over the place, it was an accomplishment!

No comments: