Monday, January 7, 2008

My Personal Cheerleaders

I have been going through a career change for the past two months and I cannot stress enough the importance of surrounding yourself with positive people through times of change. When I have felt discouraged, my family and friends have rooted me on. They have edited my personal statements, role-played interviews, provided advice on asking for references, shared their insights regarding different fields and have always made time to listen to me rant or rave about interviews. This has been tremendously helpful for me. You are appreciated!! Folks, you know who you are!!

So, to bring things up to speed:

I have 3 interviews this week and I've been receiving pep-talks left and right. Articles have appeared on MSN Explorer stating that now is the time to find a job, and boy do I believe it! As I was driving back home this afternoon, I realized that I have a figurative entourage of folks surrounding me at all times and truly are my personal cheerleaders. For those of you who were never cheerleaders in junior high, try to root on a friend today --it's a win-win situation.

No comments: